Disbursement of Financial Aid
- Student must be enrolled before funds may be disbursed.
- Student eligibility must be confirmed by the OSFA before funds are disbursed.
- Be enrolled and accepted to Texas A&M University – San Antonio as a regular student in an eligible degree or eligible certificate program.
- Specific questions on individual cases should be addressed to the OSFA at 210-784-1300.
Loans (Students must be enrolled at least half-time.)
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan: Students must complete a Loan Entrance Counseling session and sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) before funds may be disbursed.
- First-time borrowers in the first year of an undergraduate program must wait 30 calendar days after the first day of classes to have their federal student loans disbursed.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan: Parents who are awarded a Federal PLUS Loan must receive an approved credit decision from the lender and complete an electronic PLUS Loan Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) before funds may be disbursed. A parent authorization form must be submitted to the Student Business Services Office (SBS) prior to disbursement.
- Federal Direct Loans, Federal Direct PLUS Loans: Borrowers who use these funds to finalize their tuition and fees charges may elect to cancel their loans and use another form of payment within 14 days of disbursement. The OSFA must be notified in writing of the cancellation within 14 days of disbursement.
Once all requirements have been met:
- Funds awarded from the following may be applied directly to the student's account with Student Business Services (SBS):
Funds Grants Loans Federal Pell Federal Direct Loans Federal SEOG Federal Direct PLUS Loans State Grants Scholarships
- Any remaining balance to the student's account must be paid to the SBS Office prior to the published deadline.
- Eligibility is reviewed again at the end of the drop/add period (census date), and appropriate funds are disbursed to the student's SBS Office account. The OFSA is required to make any necessary adjustments to the student’s financial aid award per the enrollment audit review during each semester.
- Any excess of funds will be disbursed to the student via BankMobile. Direct deposit to the student’s financial institution or will be mailed to the student in the form of a paper check if the student is not signed up for direct deposit. Here are some helpful instructions: www.tamusa.edu/SBS/StudentAccountsAndBilling/Refunds.html.