A student has the right to expect:
- competent, well-organized instruction for the full number of clock hours allotted for a course;
- to sufficient written assignments, graded fairly and with reasonable promptness to show the student's academic standing in the course at least before mid-semester;
- to have ample opportunity to confer with the instructor at published office hours and to review graded written work;
- to freedom from ridicule, discrimination, harassment or accusations in the presence of other students or faculty members;
- and to an avenue for appealing to higher academic authority in case of alleged unfairness by an instructor.