Educational Administration, Principal Certification Only
Principal Certification Only
Successful completion of the Master of Arts in Educational Administration degree and passing the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) promotes students to be recommended for the State of Texas Principalship or Superintendency Certification.
Candidates seeking only Principal Certification must earn a minimum of 24 semester credit hours as follows:
|EDAD 5341||School Administration||3|
|EDAD 5301||Behav and Org Found of Educ||3|
|EDAD 5315||Admin of Various Specl Progrm||3|
|EDAD 5383||Public School Law||3|
|EDAD 5313||Sch Admin Public Sch Fin||3|
|EDAD 5302||Elem and Secondary Curricula||3|
|EDAD 5345||Internship in School Administration||3|
Texas Principal Certificate Requirements
- Successfully complete a principalship preparation program;
- Pass the principal certification exam (TExES-268 and PASL exams );
- Hold a master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education; and
- Document two years of classroom teaching experience in an accredited school.
- Hold a valid teaching certification in the State of Texas (TAC §241.15).