College of Education and Human Development
Dr. Suzanne Mudge, Interim Dean, College of Education and Human Development
Dr. Lorrie Webb, Assistant Dean, College of Education and Human Development
Dr. Stephen Lenz, Department Chair, Department of Counseling, Health and Kinesiology
Dr. Esther Garza, Department Chair, Department of Educator and Leadership Preparation
Dr. Robin Kapavik, Interim Department Chair, Department of Curriculum and Instruction
The College of Education and Human Development offers graduate programs in:
- Early Childhood,
- Bilingual Education,
- Counseling and Guidance,
- Curriculum and Instruction,
- Educational Administration,
- Reading, and
- Special Education.
Graduate programs lead to the Master of Arts, Master of Science, or Master of Education degrees.
The College of Education and Human Development is dedicated to preparing individuals to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in education. The College of Education and Human Development is committed to serving an ethnically diverse population that comprises the University's student base and seeks to work cooperatively with area organizations in promoting quality education at all levels. The College of Education and Human Development’s goal is to prepare qualified personnel to meet the educational challenges of society with special emphasis on the needs of San Antonio and South Texas. Students are expected to meet the Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators and those of their specialty area(s).
Admission to any of the graduate programs requires a baccalaureate degree, adequate course work in the field of interest and/or satisfactory score on the GRE Aptitude or MAT Test.
- Department of Counseling, Health and Kinesiology
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Department of Educator and Leadership Preparation
- Bilingual Education, Master of Science
- Early Childhood, Master of Education
- Educational Administration - Superintendency, Certification Only
- Educational Administration, Master of Arts
- Educational Administration, Principal Certification Only
- Educational Diagnostician, Certificate
- Special Education, Master of Education